Free Rich Krispies Treats Christmas Trees Recipe
Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® or Competitor or Generic Christmas Trees
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows
- or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or competitor
- or 6 cups of Cocoa Flavored Rice Krispies
- Prepared green frosting of your choice
- Red cinnamon candies "Red Hots"
1. Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows
and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly in 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using 4-inch tree cookie cutter, cut into tree shapes. Decorate as desired with frosting and red cinnamon candies. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In a microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallow at HIGH for 3 minues, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days in airtight container.